Your underlying reason for weight gain may not be a lack of motivation or discipline. It may not be that you don’t have willpower. It may not be that you’re not exercising enough.
While there can be many reasons beyond what you eat that cause weight gain, few of us take a good look at why we eat. It’s there. It’s a stressful time. It looks so good. It’s comforting, even if only momentarily. All potential contributors but there’s one that my guest today has uncovered as the reason for weight gain among many midlife women.
And that is emotional eating.
Hormone change too could be a hidden reason for weight gain. But this potentially has followed you all your life. It may be from prior trauma or from unresolved relationships that you’ve resorted to comfort elsewhere. If you’re struggling with food and your relationship with it, this episode will help you.
Tricia Nelson lost fifty pounds by identifying and healing the underlying causes of her emotional eating. Tricia has spent over thirty years researching the hidden causes of the addictive personality. Tricia is an Emotional Eating Expert and TEDx speaker, and author of the #1 bestselling book, Heal Your Hunger, 7 Simple Steps to End Emotional Eating Now. Tricia is the host of the popular podcast, The Heal Your Hunger Show and is a highly regarded speaker. Tricia has been featured on NBC, CBS, KTLA, FOX, and The List.
Questions we answer on this podcast:
- [04:16] Let’s review some of the questions we’ve covered before for our new listeners … and then I’d really love to ask you in this, In what is now a two-year time frame of an emotional roller-coaster, how have your emotional eaters been impacted?
- [05:08] What is your journey with emotional eating and how did it lead you to start to Heal Your Hunger?
- [07:19] How does one know if they are an emotional eater or a food addict?
- [08:52] Why do you think it is that 98% of all diets fail?
- [17:20] Is there more to emotional eating than eating too much and eating for emotional reasons? (I will describe the Anatomy of the Emotional Eater).
- [18:40] How does one differentiate between emotional and physical hunger?
- [27:29] What are three things you recommend a person do to end emotional eating now?
Join Now: https://www.flippingfifty.com/quitsugar