End Diets, Food Rules, and Emotional Eating
Seeking freedom from diets, food “rules,” and good food/bad food? My guest began this work in her 50s. She’s 64.
Know How to Diet but Don’t Know How to Eat?
My guest today has help for those who live with diets, food rules, and navigating eating situations. The very thing that is used to treat damage done by eating disorders puts fear in someone who has this disordered eating. Ignoring the real problem won’t give you the freedom from diets, food rules, and constant thinking about food that you want.
Certified Functional Nutrition and Lifestyle Practitioner, Board Certified Integrative Health Coach, and Certified Eating Psychology CoachMindy Gorman-Plutzerbrings 24 years of nutritional counseling experience. She introduces a unique functional approach to simple and complex health issues relating to or resulting from disordered and addictive eating behaviors.
She is the author of The Freedom Promise: 7 Steps To Stop Fearing What Food Will Do TO You and Start Embracing What It Can Do FOR You(Balboa Press).
Next month she’ll launch, “Stop Fearing Food and Start Loving Your Body: An Unconventional Approach to Say Goodbye to Your Disordered Eating for Good!” Mindy has appeared on numerous recognized syndicated podcasts, written for Mind Body Green, and is a regular contributor to The Fifty Plus Life.
- You have some personal experience that is woven into your practice, share that
- The title of your program has a unique word in it… WHY “Unconventional?”What’s unconventional about it?
- Let’s talk about eating disorders in mid-life. There is more now than ever. Let’s discuss the why of that. Is it hangover from younger years or newly triggered? What predicates it, mediates it, and the lifestyle skills we can adapt/adjust to support recovery?
- What’s the difference between eating disorders and emotional eating?
“All foods fit– feeds our anxiety.”
Listen to hear her F.R.E.E.DO.M. acronym referring to healing disordered eating.
Connect to Learn More:
Social media – facebook.com/thefreedompromise
IG – @freedompromise
Twitter – @FreedomPromise
LinkedIn – www.linkedin.com/MindyGorman-Plutzer
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- VisitFlipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!