Your hormones must be balanced for weight loss to occur. If you’re trying to trick it, starve it, drill it to the ground, this episode is exactly what you want to hear.
Balanced for Weight Loss?
How would you like to spend some time with an OBGYN who gets it? Someone who can tell you how to boost energy, lose weight and have the energy and vitality you want? One who tells it like a girlfriend? Because she’s been there.
Well, the doctor is making a house call… or in our case a walking appointment because I know from your iTune comments and ratings you’re on the move while you’re listening.
My guest today
Leading by example OBGYN Dr. Kyrin Dunston lost a life-changing 100 lbs. and healed herself from chronic disease by addressing the root causes of her overweight and dysfunction. This personal transformation, in turn, caused a professional one and she left OBGYN practice in 2011 to pursue helping women heal with this revolutionary type of natural medicine after becoming fellowship trained in Anti-Aging, Metabolic and Functional Medicine.
Dr. Dunston has been Board Certified in OBGYN for over 20 years and is fellowship trained in Anti-Aging, Metabolic, and Functional Medicine by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine. She received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology at Bryn Mawr College, received her Doctorate in Medicine from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia and completed her residency in OBGYN at the Medical Center of Delaware. She resides in Georgia with her two dogs, Otis and Carly.
Questions we answered in this episode:
- You’re a classically trained OBGYN. How did you come to understand the central role of hormone balance in health?
- Why is hormone balance the foundation of great health?
- What’s the difference between a traditional approach to hormone management and a functional approach?
- What are the seven main hormones that must be balanced for weight loss to occur and for energy to increase?
- How should these hormones be evaluated?
Listeners! Free Gift:
Meditation for Her Brilliant Hormone Balance
- Dr. Kyrin’s website: https://www.kyrindunstonmd.com (her new self-care gift will be there!)
- Facebook: kyrindunstonmd
- Instagram: @kyrindunstonmd
- Twitter: @KyrinDunstonMD
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!
Question about how your every day exercise either helps or hurts balance for weight loss? Add it to the comments along with what you’ve tried so far.
Show notes: https://www.flippingfifty.com/drdunston