If you’re looking for inspiration, you’re in the right place. You may know I frequently share inspiring stories from my travels or Flipping 50 community members of women truly Flipping 50. Today is one of those moments.
There are so many things to love about Helen Fritsch.
Helen is a 61-year-old life-long competitive athlete, Flight Attendant, published fitness model, IFBB [international federation of body building] Bodybuilding Pro, Writer and Certified Wine Specialist who believes that age is irrelevant to pursue goals, dreams and desires!
She’s here to rebrand and redefine “ over the hill” and help women embrace, be proud and excited about being middle aged! Helen is here to show that the aging process can be rewarding, exciting and fun!
Questions we cover in this episode:
1) What made you start competing in bodybuilding shows at 56?
2) You were diagnosed with chronic lymphocytic leukemia four years ago. How is the disease progressing? How is it presently affecting your every day life?
3) Often, people want to change but they just don’t know where to begin. What advice do you have for women over 40, who are looking to improve their lifestyle or their health?
4) Leukemia most likely rearranges your life a little. What are your priorities today?
5) What is your best tip for women struggling to take their intentions/ goals to move forward?
6) There’s something I like to say about strength training for women – especially after 50 – and its like no other exercise… it changes you inside and out. It’s going to empower and enable the other activities you love to do more than it ever has before now in your life… what’s your why for strength training specifically?
7) And last, perhaps most important: What wine do you love most?
Facebook: Helen Fritsch
Age is Irrelevant podcast (on iTunes)