What if your biggest obstacle was something you can’t see?
Do you have a hard time getting or staying motivated around fitness and health habits?
You would defend that yes, you want to be fit, you want to be active and eat well and know you would feel better … but you seem to start and stop.
You want to be someone who gets up in the morning or goes for a walk every afternoon, who orders healthfully at restaurants even when others don’t. But you can’t quite get there.
What if something you never suspected could be your biggest obstacle to weight loss, optimal energy, or ultimately your best life?
Today’s episode visits a recurring theme of emotions that could be tied to your self-sabotage and be a form of self-protection.
Dr. Debi Silber, founder of The PBTInstitute, is a Transformational Psychologist and a health, mindset, and personal development expert. She’s an award-winning speaker, coach and author of the Amazon #1 Bestselling book: The Unshakable Woman: 4 Steps to Rebuilding Your Body, Mind and Life After a Life Crisis, The Unshakable Woman-The Workbook (the companion guide to the book) as well as 2 books recommended by Brian Tracy, Marshall Goldsmith and Jack Canfield.
Based on her findings, along with 27 years of health, mindset and lifestyle coaching, she’s created a proven approach to help women heal (physically, mentally and emotionally) from a life crisis, specializing in betrayal.
I share some of Debi’s words:
When we trust someone, we believe we can be vulnerable, we’re loved, protected, valued and safe. We believe that the other person has the same values, beliefs and level of integrity that we have. We believe that they’re honoring the same agreement, sharing the same priorities, and living by the same rules. We believe those we’ve given our trust to would never do anything to violate that sacred contract… until they do. This is the powerful and painful process of betrayal.
Questions I asked Debi in this episode:
- Have you been there? Was it personal before it became a professional passion?
- What’s post betrayal syndrome and how do we know if we have it?
- What are some physical symptoms of betrayal, some emotional and mental symptoms?
- What are the questions we can ask ourselves to see if we’re numbing/avoiding/distracting ourselves?
- What’s Post Betrayal Transformation and how is it different from posttraumatic growth?
- How do we know if we haven’t healed from a betrayal?
- What are the 5 stages from betrayal to breakthrough that were discovered in your study?
- What do we need to do to move forward and heal from a betrayal experience?
- You talk about that we can either prevent or heal from a life crisis-what do you mean? How do people try to prevent a life crisis?
Take the quiz: