Episode #474 My knees hurt enough every time I try to restart (my strength training program) and causes me to have to recover and feel discouraged. Any suggestions on how I can try to approach this differently so I can stick with it?
This listener question is the topic of this episode. If you’ve ever said, my knees hurt, you know how limiting it can feel when it comes to exercise.
So I cover an array of reasons why this might be true and what you can do about it.
Let’s get to the root of the problem.
Help me to know more.
- Do you have arthritis?
- Do you have bone on bone tested from MRI?
- Do we need some form adjustments?
- Are you doing everything you can to help yourself?
(omega 3 – perhaps consider a higher high-quality supplement,eliminated inflammatory foods: dairy, processed, grains, sugar including alcohol, and if arthritis – nightshades, eggs- if you haven’t done Feb 2020 Challenge.. I would do it)
- Do you need technique changes: watch HOW to videos on lunges, squats?
- Have you got good shoes?
- Avoid standing with knees locked typically?
- Are you moving regularly?
- Are you well hydrated (Your synovial fluid needs it- which is like lubrication for joints)
- Are you doing exercise that allows you to move to enhance that synovial fluid? Water Exercise, Biking
When you say “my knees hurt” ask yourself these questions and see if you can pinpoint where you can help yourself. In the case of bone-on-bone, often it’s a matter of deciding what your next step is when life is compromised.
Do you have a question?
Join the Facebook Flipping50 Insiders group and ask it there or add it to the bottom of this or any podcast at flippingfifty.com
Other resources that may help:
5 Knee Strengthening Exercises (video)
For a knee-friendly workout plan you might like: