What do menopause and immunity have in common?
This episode examines menopause and immunity to help you optimize your response in these times. Hormones and immunity are so closely linked. Since April 2020 I’ve been sharing with you that if you’re focused on one, you win with the other two.
“Moderation is an emotional excuse to eat foods that are not good for you.”
Dr. Patrick Flynn, DC is the founder of The Wellness Way Clinics. In his youth, he experienced a series of events that led him to discover immune and neurological issues. This discovery prompted Dr. Flynn to begin his health journey, define his life purpose, and initiate the pursuit of his education. It ultimately led him to his dynamic career, where he has created a totally different approach to healthcare.
He’s got a long list of education institutions including Palmer College of Chiropractic, National Health Sciences, and the Harvard Medical School HMX fundamentals online certificate program in immunology, where he honed his focus on hormones and the immune system.
Dr. Flynn is the bestselling author of the book, I Disagree. His wildly popular public seminar, The Hormone Connection, has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. He has trained thousands of doctors and his network is now comprised of over 80 clinics around the world.
If your ovaries no longer make hormones, your adrenals are weak and tired, your body will produce more fat to produce hormones.
Questions we answer on this podcast:
- Is there a correlation between menopause & low immunity?
- What can women in menopause do to help their immune function optimally?
- Does age have to dictate how well your immune system works?
- How can the loss of hormones affect the immune system?
- What are your recommendations for women to help their hormones and their immune system?
- What are examples of a woman not taking care of her hormones?
- What are the fastest ways to trash your immune system?
“Hormone conversion happens within the liver”
There you have it, the connection between menopause and immunity and some mic-drop moments we can’t put in print here. Be sure you listen not just read this one!