Looking for hormone health support? When you’re under stress, a tight schedule, and you serve everyone else’s needs before your own, it’s hard to get what you need. I offer a helping hand for our reader in this episode.
Here’s where you’ll find all the resources for each episode of the Flipping 50 TV show. If I mention a resource, or share a recipe, give you a special coupon code, I’ll share it or remind you here! Watch the episodes to get to know the featured “guest” question and understand how to make these solutions work for you!
Cardio Exercise that keeps inflammation and cortisol down and boosts hormones that enhance relaxation to balance hormones provides you with better results. That’s exercise that features short bouts of either resistance training or intervals. To avoid aggravating already-inflamed joints, choose exercise that strengthens the muscles without stressing those joints. It’s about assessing the risk-reward ratio. Pushing through the wrong kind of exercise will sabotage your hormone health.
Resistance Training in this episode included:
- Hip Bridges using the ball (to avoid squats and lunges placing more stress on hip joints)
- Bent Over Row
- Chest Press
The Interval Training solutions for short, quick, and effective sessions:
- Aways include a warm up and cool down for exercise
- 30 seconds hard and 60 seconds recovery
- Intervals can feature speed or more resistance
The Minute Made Meals Smoothie Recipe
Here’s one of my favorite recipes for anti-inflammation smoothies you can make in minutes. The right food at the right time will help hormone health too. Don’t forget to watch the episode to get the coupon codes for your special insider discount on Flipping 50’s Paleo Power protein!
Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 1 scoop Paleo Power Vanilla Protein
- ¾ cup Frozen Cherries
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 small handful spinach
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Cacao powder
- ¾ – 1 cup Almond/Coconut milk* (Coconut is an anti-inflammation all star)
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!
The Meals-in-Minutes Taco Seasoning
This is so much better and better for you than the packages of extra sodium and chemical flavoring and coloring you buy at the store. The ingredients here actually help boost hormone health instead of robbing you of it!
Taco Seasoning (for 1# of ground meat)
- ½ Sweet Onion, chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Cook ground meat or chicken adding onions and garlic once almost cooked. Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Double this for a big crew or freeze half for a quick weeknight dinner.
Hint: consider ground lamb for an Omega 3 anti-inflammation boost
If you’ve got a question for me share it at Flipping50tv.com and if you’ve got a comment share it below! I love hearing how you’re flipping 50 and improving your hormone health!