Want more effective exercise ? Let’s talk pelvic floor. The area between your anus and your pubic bone is some of the most important real estate a woman has. Do you know how to take care of it, stage it, and manage it?
My guest today shares that more women do now. She’s a young pelvic floor therapist with tips on what the pelvic floor is, how you can best activate, and offers some support for incontinence as well as prolapse in this episode.
We talk about core, what it is, how to activate.
Dr. Dawn Andalon is a doctor of physical therapy, an educator, best-selling author, and Co-Founder of LEVEL4 PT & Pilates. She is a leading women’s health specialist and trusted medical advisor near San Diego and has helped thousands of women around the world improve their health.
She previously worked at Nike WHQ in Portland, OR as a physical therapist and consultant. Dawn is certified by Polestar Pilates which she has implemented with elite and Olympic athletes, surfers, golf pros, as well as weekend warriors. to enhance their chosen sport and for rehab with spinal injuries. She is highly trained in Pelvic floor rehab, holds a manual therapy certification from University of St. Augustine, and has special training with the female athlete population. Dawn also has a passion for women’s healthcare, educating post menopausal women on how to stay healthy as they age.
Questions We Answer in the Episode:
- What are some of the misconceptions about pelvic floor problems with aging and menopause?
- What do you wish women knew about pelvic floor exercise?
- Incontinence is a problem for some of our community members and not for others. Let’s talk about why that’s true.
- What is healthy pelvic floor exercise? For listeners exercising and doing strength training, they’re well-aware of sets, reps, frequency, duration, sequence, and how it should feel (ladies if not… see me after the podcast!) Relay that concept for these exercises.
- How can women best incorporate healthy exercise for their pelvic floor as they age?
Connect with Dr Dawn:
https://www.level4pt.com/its-never-too-late/ (for the cost of shipping!)
Dr Dawn on social media:
Other Episodes You May Like:
You Ask Libido and Hormone Balance Qs: Dr John Gray Answers: https://www.flippingfifty.com/libido-and-hormone-balance/
Juicy New Menopause, Libido, & Intimacy Solutions: https://www.flippingfifty.com/juicy-new-menopause-libido-intimacy-solutions/
REASONS to EXERCISE AFTER 50 That Aren’t Weight Loss: https://www.flippingfifty.com/reasons-to-exercise-after/