In this episode my guest is your body, sharing information about fat loss. Here’s what it wants to tell you.
- I really am lazy and I don’t like carrying this extra fat around any more than you do
- It’s not what you burn during exercise that matters for fat loss
- When you exercise more and eat less I get confused
- When I’m confused I’m going to protect you by storing fat
- When I need to shed weight under stress I shed muscle, fat, and water
- I can’t function very well without consuming fat
- I definitely can’t function without water so one of the things I have to shut down right away is your metabolism
- Those processed chemicals confuse me and prevent fat loss
- Every diet trick you ever learned about losing weight was wrong (like eat for volume – not for nutrients, like calories in calories out is what matters, like if you’re hungry it means you’re losing weight, like salads are best for weight loss, like cutting out carbs will result in rapid fat loss, like the scale showing weight loss means success)
- I am so resilient that I can get by on nearly no food for days and still not lose fat
- It’s true I lose muscle with age which makes me fatter even if I don’t gain fat … but only if you don’t do anything to prevent it: lift weights twice a week, eat more protein for two first steps – that will help a lot!
- I really don’t process protein very well so keep it coming
- The less active I am the more you need protein
- I prefer to move every day all day instead of exercising so hard for an hour – I really can’t do both so if you exhaust me in the gym it probably will backfire on you and your fat loss goals
- Hours of weight training don’t really make me any more fit or more lean than reaching fatigue with a few sets in a few minutes
- It cracks me up when you think you can tone your arms after not paying attention to my major muscle groups for years
- If I don’t tell you I’m hungry beginning maybe at 3 or more hours after and for sure around 4-5 hours after my last meal, something’s wrong
- When I’m hungry, feed me good food
- When I’m thirsty you waited too long to give me pure unfiltered water
- When I’m tired I need to rest better
- I love a challenge and respond by getting stronger, faster, and having more endurance… if you give me the food and rest I need to do it
- Any of those other models of aging you see that have put on fat with age is just because they didn’t have the right information…
- If you start to take better care of me right now no matter how old I am I will respond positively with more energy, better mood, better sleep and ultimately with fat loss so we can have a good time.
If you’re struggling with fat loss listeners to this episode can take advantage of Fit-U at 50% off the regular rate right now during the Flip Your New Year special
After 50, you have less wiggle room. Before fat loss can happen you need to lose old thoughts about dieting and exercise. You may need to lose toxins stored in your fat, and reduce inflammation.
I walk you through all of it and how to exercise optimally for fat loss not just tired and sore; how to spare muscles loss, and feel better so you can sleep well, be more resilient, and have more stable energy. When you start caring for yourself you get on the path to permanent weight loss with lifestyle changes not a diet.
Foods you used to think are “healthy” may be causing your fat storage and preventing your fat burning. While you’ll give up a handful of them temporarily… you’ll have the opportunity to experience four different recipe books full of foods that are easy to prepare, simple to find, and taste wonderful. Plus, I’ll be there every week live with you responding to questions in the private Facebook group – and during the week jumping in daily to respond to questions.
Weight and fat loss results are unique to every individual going through the program. Decades-long habits and thoughts that have increased inflammation and toxic storage won’t change overnight but you will experience more energy, more clear thinking, and better sleep (if you need to improve it) within weeks.
You also will resist. Change is hard! I don’t ignore that – I coach you through it so that you can experience fat loss.
Let’s talk specifics so you can start some fat loss enhancing habits and stop some fat loss inhibiting habits today!
5 FLIPS That Boost fat loss:
- Matcha (before exercise = most, and any time)
- Intervals 1-2 times a week
- Weight training 2 times a week to fatigue
- More activity all day
- Appropriate Exercise nutrition (not eating before low and slow/carb before intervals)
6 FLIPS That Stop fat storage:
- Sleep quality, then quantity if you’re short on need
- Sugar Elimination – natural and artificial
- Avoid wine/alcohol on an empty stomach (and temporarily altogether)
- Eat carbs in the right amount at the right time
- Reduce your overall stress load (sauna, toxic exposure, exercise, unprocessed diet)
Resources and Links from today’s show:
GET A FREE COPY of HOT, NOT BOTHERED in your inbox in minutes: flippingfifty.com/hotnotbothered
Secure your Fit-U registration for 50% off at flippingfifty.com/fit-u in this LIMITED TIME OFFER.