Food struggles are a reality for most people at some point in their lives. Women traditionally have spent more time in the kitchen, planning if not preparing food.
And their givers. Often pleasers squelching the way they really feel to be “acceptable.”
Can you relate? Have you had food struggles? Too little, too much, emotional eating, dieting, restricting… the list goes on.
My guest and weight loss expert Tricia Nelson lost fifty pounds by identifying and healing the underlying causes of her emotional eating. For some it’s an ongoing part of every day. Thoughts about food, what you’re going to eat, what you’re not going to eat fill much of the day.
Tricia has spent nearly thirty years researching the hidden causes of the addictive personality. Tricia is an Emotional Eating Expert and author of the #1 bestselling book, Heal Your Hunger, 7 Simple Steps to End Emotional Eating Now. She is also the host of the popular podcast, The Heal Your Hunger Show. A highly regarded speaker and coach, Tricia has been featured on NBC, CBS, KTLA, FOX and Discovery Health.
Questions we cover about emotional eating in this episode:
- What is your journey with emotional eating and how did it lead you to start Heal Your Hunger?
- How does someone know if they are an emotional eater or a food addict?
- Why do you think it is that 98% of all diets fail?
- What causes emotional eating and binge eating behavior?
- Is there more to emotional eating than eating too much and eating for emotional reasons?
- What is “the Anatomy of the Emotional Eater”?
- Do you have any tips to differentiate between emotional and physical hunger?
- How does overcoming dysfunctional eating and food struggles lend itself to becoming a coach? How does it heal the coach too?
Trying to solve an emotional problem with food and calorie control is like trying to turn a screw with a hammer.
How can listeners find out if they’ve got the qualities of an Emotional Eating coach?
If food struggles have plagued you, it may be a blessing in disguise. You aren’t alone.
You too have the divine physician.
Thanks for leaving us a rating in iTunes!
- Visit the podcast on iTunes (you can subscribe and get it right to your phone)
- Click Listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5-star rating and a comment
- Know how very much I appreciate you doing so!