Chronic stress is a part of life in 2022. It’s also a big part of midlife life. What’s a woman to do? A woman who is more susceptible to the negative effects of stress? This episode is going to answer that. My guest and good friend Dr Ro is in the house.
Dr. Roseann Capanna-Hodge is a mental health trailblazer, founder of The Global Institute of Children’s Mental Health who is on a mission to change the way we view and treat mental health is showing people it’s gonna be ok with science-backed tools that improve wellbeing.
She is known for teaching how to calm the brain in order to have a happy family and giving the keys to unlock the brain’s potential. With her trademarked method, BrainBehaviorReset™ has helped thousands address the most challenging conditions such as ADHD, executive functioning, anxiety, OCD, mood, Lyme, and PANS/PANDAS using science-backed holistic therapies. She is an author of three books including her most recent book, It’s Gonna be OK!™ and is a media personality who is featured on dozens of media outlets.
4 Steps to Regulate Your Nervous System: (REPS)
Respiration 4-7-8 breath 3x in a row 3 times a day
S conSistent routine
Questions we answer in this episode:
- What does neuroscience tell us how stress impacts the brain and body?
- Everyone is so unfocused right now, what role does stress play in this?
- How does stress compound and lead to mental health issues?
- People feel so stuck in a stress cycle, what is one thing people can do right now to reset?
- You talk about the REPS protocol in managing stress, can you share how it can help people reduce stress?
- If people have clinical issues such as anxiety, OCD or depression, what do you wish they knew that they don’t that can improve their mental health?
- What is a brain wave ?
- What are QEGs?
“Your brain believes anything you tell it…
so it better be good!”
– Dr. Ro
Connect with Dr. Ro:
Get Dr. Ro’s 100 ways to help learn how to manage chronic stress.