I love summer but I also kind of like getting back into the kitchen more and I’m inclined to do that on cool days. Having a fit kitchen is the best way to stay get and stay healthy whether you’re extremely active or you’re extremely busy with work and life. I want to share these two recipes I just made (and watch for more to come this fall). Eating … in a way you love and the rest of your clan does too… to serve your fitness goals … can be a challenge! These two recipes are made easier (and that qualifies them for a Flipping 50 fit kitchen recipe) with the help of:
- clean up made easy
- NutriBullet tools (and if you’re seeing this in September, 2017 – I’m giving some away -see below!)
- simple ingredients
The ingredients featured in these fit kitchen recipes that offer big health benefits AND flavor:
- coconut milk for healthy fat replaces troublesome dairy
- ginger reduces inflammation
- salmon is full of health Omega 3 fat
- zucchini is a good way to mix things up for reducing inflammation and is packed with nutrients
The bright colors alone hint at the health properties of these foods and high vibration impact they’ll have on you! Pair the Carrot-coconut soup with your choice of protein over simple greens (sauté, roast, or salad) and you have two simple meals.
Zucchini Puree with Roasted Salmon
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 lb. zucchini, chopped
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken bone broth
- ¼ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese (if you tolerate)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lb. salmon, cut in 4 equal pieces
In a large heavy pot over medium high heat, warm 2 T of the olive oil. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally until soft, about 4 minutes. Add zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and cook stirring occasionally, until the zucchini begins to soften about 4 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook until the zucchini is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
Puree the soup in the Nutribullet or using an immersion blender. Then over medium heat add the cheese. Stir until melted add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Keep warm over low.
Preheat over 400. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Brush salmon with olive oil and season. Place on backing sheet and roast for 8 minutes.
Serve the soup topped with a piece of salmon. Add zest to top, optionally. This fit kitchen recipe looks hard even though its so simple. (4 servings)
*substitute nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor without the cheese
Carrot-Coconut Soup with Fresh Ginger
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 large carrots, peeled and sliced
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 (14 oz.) can coconut milk
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish, optional
In a sauce pan over medium heat warm olive oil. Add onion and carrots and sauté until the vegetables are tender, 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a high-powered Blender (Nutribullet Rx), combine orange juice, coconut milk, onion, carrots and ginger in the order listed. Cover. Turn up the machine slowly. Blend until steam escapes from the lid. Remove the lid, taste and season. Divide the soup between 2 bowls, garnish and serve (2 servings).
Nutribullet Giveaway! September 2017: Two Ways to Win!
Want to upgrade your own fit kitchen? NutriBullet makes it easy to replace a lot of tools in your kitchen and make food prep fast and fun.
- Veggie Bullet:
- Send me your best Flipping 50-fit recipes:
Dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and wheat-free
(no sugar please including agave, honey, molasses, brown.. it all counts)
and recipes featuring veggies move to the head of the class!
Some categories I’d love (but you’re not limited to these!):
- High protein plant-based dishes
- Sauces for veggie noodles
- Dips and Salad Dressings
- Fish and seafood
Send the recipe complete with your name and address (in case you win, of course!) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send all the recipe entries to you in thanks! Put Veggie Bullet in the subject line!
- Send me your best Flipping 50-fit recipes:
- Nutribullet 900:
- Send me your picture with You Still Got It, Girl! for the chance to win a Nutribullet this month! Include your name and address with the image in an email to email@example.com
- You can enter more than once if you’re showing a different picture of where you’re taking You Still Got It, Girl! (Get it here or on Amazon! if you don’t already have one)
- Put NutriBullet in the subject line.