Are you doing the best workout for your body type?
But before the episode, it’s more than one thing. It’s body type, it’s hormones, it’s your condition, your goals, and an integration of it all. If you’re exhausted, it could be less about exercise and more about rest.
https://www.flippingfifty.com/tedx to see my TEDx talk explaining more about hormones, exercise and menopause. This episode is in response to a subscriber question.
In this episode:
What’s body type got to do with it? What type are you?
How do you need to workout to optimize your body type and get the results you want?
- Ectomorphs need to lift heavy. That “bulk building protocol” is your friend. Three sets of ten will help you add muscle especially if you bookend it with high quality protein.
- Endomorphs, or curvy girls, want to go heavier and thus do fewer repetitions. That may be after you progress if you’re just starting. No one wants to start heavy.
- Mesomorphs are naturally more muscular, and athletic and they respond well to most anything. They really need the least of the bulk building protocol and should employ variety of heavy and light training days, even different sets within a workout.
All of these are things taught and used in Flipping 50’s STRONGER programs. Are you training? Learn more here: https://www.flippingfifty.com/getstronger
This is a frequent question. Hormones also play a big part, as does nutrition. Sometimes it’s best to focus on one thing at a time. For you that may be exercise (it’s a good catalyst for other habits because it will naturally reduce stress, and improve sleep so you want to can make other better choices).
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!