What is CoQ10, what’s its function, and what other supplements could still be helpful in boosting immunity (or natural detox) now?
That’s the topic of this episode with my friend and detox expert, Bridgit Danner. Inspired by a post she did in February, heart health month, I reached out to her. It dawned on me that though we all got serious about supplements a year ago, we’ve relaxed, many of us. Yet, we’re not out of the woods yet, and whether immunity or detox, at midlife and beyond supplements will continue to be better than prescriptions.
Bridgit Danner has been a licensed acupuncturist since 2004 and a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition practitioner since 2015. She ran a busy, integrative medicine clinic for ten years and has done over 12,000 treatments in her career.
After losing everything to toxic mold, Bridgit now educates about toxins on how to detoxify with a functional healthcare approach through her online community at bridgitdanner.com. She also offers functional lab testing and practitioner-grade supplements through her shop, HormoneDetoxShop.com.
Questions we explored in this episode:
- What is CoQ10 and what is its function?
- What effects someone’s need for CoQ10?
- How might a woman know she needs it?
- What other benefits are possible? (or positive side effects)
- What other supplements might still be important to us and listeners who’ve relaxed a little about because of “new normal” still important to us?
- How does each help?
- Signs or signals we may need more?
- What are mitochondria and why should listeners know about them besides energy for exercise?
- How are they damaged?
- What are the symptoms?
- What can listeners do to support our mitochondria and have more energy?
For more information, be sure to visit Bridgit’s site. She has a wealth of information available in blogs (and her lives on Instagram).
Connect with Bridgit to Learn More:
Five Easy Detox Swaps https://womenswellness.lpages.co/5detoxswaps/
Coupon code at shop: WELCOME10 for 10% off first order hormonedetoxshop.com
Join the Flipping50 Insiders group (Facebook) if you have a question you’d like to share for a future podcast or leave your comment below the show notes here. /CoQ10
March is not only nutrition month but it’s time for Spring training and if you’re not strength training, not strength training consistently, or it’s not working, my STRONGER program is made for you, based on research about you. It starts April 1 and it’s only open a few times a year, so now is the time to get started on the single most important way to boost your metabolism, and strength, inside and out.