Episode #511 Triathlon training isn’t really the topic of this episode. It’s a means to an end. The story doesn’t start with triathlon training nor does it end there. The training is however, a big part of the story and of a legacy.
This is a special episode with one of our Flipping 50 community members, Terry, who I invited to share her story. It’s a story of life and love and purpose. It’s one of a choice of how to live while your heart is breaking.
And every listener who lands on this page will experience a fork in the road themselves where they make a choice. My hope is that you don’t endure any such tragedy but by now most of us know of one, or maybe more, in their lives.
Our episode begins with the story of how Terry and I met and how she got started with triathlon and what it now means to she and her husband and son.
Terry Jordan is a Reiki Master, yoga instructor, massage therapist, writer, singer, and multiple Ironman finisher with impossibly slow times. Married to Bob Jordan, a world champion Ironman, singer, songwriter. Terry is mom to a couple of true Heavenly angels;
Emily and Thomas as well as an amazing singer, song-writing son, Timothy. We live in Oregon and recently adopted Tucker, a sweet two-year-old, from the Basset Hound Rescue of Southern CA.
Questions & Discussion in this episode:
- Looking into life as a 64-year old triathlete and how we “met”?
- How did you and your husband meet and make it?
- Sharing how you came to triathlon – including your husband and daughter’s story if you’d like to share?
- How do you handle the resistance of your family and friends looking at you like you’re crazy in the same fashion so many of our listeners are dealing with that on some scale – so they have their own resistance to change and the external resistance: I think we could highlight how they are not alone?
- Discussing how to train for endurance and maintain muscle in ’60s and beyond?
- Why did you make your move from plant to animal protein?