Sleep. Oh how we love it and how we need it! Follow these six tips to better sleep tonight!
- Even 10 minutes of walking improved self-reports of sleep.
- Choose high intensity exercise early in the day, outdoors in sunlight if possible.
- Do some calming exercise late day.
- Eat more carbs as the day goes on. Start with one serving at breakfast, and increase to two at lunch and so on. Yes. It’s unintuitive. If what you’re doing isn’t working, it’s worth a try.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime. Your body has other things to do while you sleep. If you don’t allow it to focus it won’t do them and you won’t have as much muscle as a result.
- Eat a high-protein breakfast to start your day to head off cravings and over-caffeinating later. It’s 35 grams. Yes, that sounds like a lot especially if you’ve been eating nothing or it’s come out of a box. Guidelines and regulations often don’t keep up with research. This is one of those times.
Desperate for a good night’s sleep?
What if items 1-6 were a pop quiz? How many do you do regularly? And how is your sleep?
Which one do you need to work on?