Getting thyroid support, beyond medication, for the follow through for taking the medication, and doing the things that can be overwhelming when you’re first diagnosed isn’t easy. Who, after all, gets it?
Someone who’s been there and done that does.
Danna Bowman and Ginny Mahar are two thyroid patient advocates who teamed up to create a diet and lifestyle support platform for thyroid patients. They are the creators of the revolutionary wellness game, THYROID30, and hosts of Thyroid Refresh TV, a podcast featuring the world’s leading experts on thyroid-specific diet and lifestyle.
They are thyroid support for women who need a place all things thyroid. Exercise, nutrition, meds, daily habits… all around thyroid.
The site is really like thyroid-central. A resource for experts, information, education, motivation … all things thyroid. It’s truly a thyroid refresh.
Questions we answered in this episode:
- What’s your “WHY”?
- How did the two of you end up together?
- What is so different about the thyroid support you offer?
- How are you making it fun- describe the gamification?
- What is someone saying or thinking before they join the program?
- What mistakes are newly diagnosed thyroid patients making?
- And why are those mistakes so common?
Are you looking for thyroid support?
So many of our Flipping 50 listeners mention thyroid issues and are just realizing the impact of food and small lifestyle habit changes. If you’re navigating this all on your own with a little overwhelm, there’s help. And it’s in the form of a game that makes it easier to adapt while surrounded by people going through exactly the same thing.
The Cliff Notes on Thyroid30 from my guests:
“THYROID30is a gamified, 30-day online wellness adventure designed to help thyroid patients reach their healing goals. Our web app is a revolutionary tool that empowers patients to make successful and sustainable diet and lifestyle changes. Our players come back season after season because THYROID30 makes the healing fun.”
Learn more about the program:
Sign up now for the upcoming Fall Wellness Adventure– Game play starts September 22, 2019. Seeing this later? You can check out the next one and get some other juicy help like the Grocery Guide.
Resources mentioned on this episode:
When it comes to a thyroid-friendly diet, there sure are a lot of things you’re not supposed to eat. That’s no fun! Thyroid Fresh likes to focus on the positives, like all the wonderful and healthy foods you can eat– foods that nourish and help you feel your best.
Get Social with Thyroid Refresh at:
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!