Are You Sick of Technology? Staying Well in a Digital World
Are you sick of tech, maybe even sick from technology? Could you be?
My guest is Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste, Digital Wellbeing and Ethics Evangelist (just flipped 50 in September)
Dr. Heidi Forbes Öste is a behavioral scientist, best-selling author of Digital Self Mastery series and executive producer of the Evolving Digital Self podcast. She combines 25 yrs experience in social strategy consulting with her scholarly research in the human relationship with technology and her personal passion for wellbeing.
She connects organizations with innovative digital wellbeing strategies to match their employees’ & customers’ evolving needs and innovators with insight into human and organization behavior that impact their solutions’ ability to succeed.
A scholar, practitioner, connector and global citizen, Heidi lives by the motto:
Knowledge is Power, Sharing is Powerful.
As a flipping 50 year old, she has managed to battle debilitating depression caused by Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) while living in Sweden, continues to fight the battle with Lyme and Hashimoto Hypothyroid and (yes) hormonal roller coaster of peri-menopause.
Questions we covered about interacting with technology and staying well with it:
- Is technology working for or against us?
- We’re all in front of screens and tech all day – what are some things we can do to protect ourselves from technology?
- What about wearable fitness technology? (It’s the number one fitness trend of 2019)
- Is there a good side/bad side to wearing it?
- Should we be wearing it overnight?
- How do we identify problems caused by technology we may not even attribute to it?
- How can we learn to thrive with autoimmune disease using tech?
- What have you built for yourself?
- What kind of a relationship have you created?
Evolving Digital Self podcast (everywhere podcasts are streamed)
twitter, Linkedin, instagram: @forbesoste
Digital Self Mastery Across Generations https://amzn.to/2LfPrGj