7 Things Men Need to Do to Stay Healthy
I’ve been asked frequently about “who does this for men?” And until now I didn’t have an answer. I’m thrilled to introduce you to a guy I love and trust. I spend time with Jerry a few times a year in person and a couple times a month online at least. We “talk” nearly daily via social. Whether you want him to get healthy or stay healthy, whichever it is, this is the episode for your guy. Happy early Valentine’s Day!
My guy’s guy guest
Dr. Jerry Bailey is a guy’s guy. He is a Chiropractor, Acupuncturist and functional medicine doctor. He is a dad to two amazing boys and loves the outdoor lifestyle in the pacific northwest. He has done Ironman, both full and half, along with competing in masters level Crossfit competitions placing first in the masters team division.
He practices functional medicine in Idaho and Washington along with being host of the insanely fun and popular show, The Guy Show: where he interviews the experts offering their best tips, tricks and tutelage in health, wealth and mindset for guys and the gals that love them. His irreverent look at life, health and mindset allows guys to talk about the things that matter most to them while keeping it real yet approachable.
His been there done that mentality allows him to really understand what men in midlife are going through and his humorous approach allows for fun but serious talk on the topics that effect men in the midlife.
Top 7 things men need to do to stay healthy
Jerry and I dive into the top 7 things guys should do every day (or just about everyday) according to science, research and personal experience.
1) EAT real food! Don’t eat factory food.
2) Supplements: Supplement that diet with good safe effective Nutrients 1) Multi 2) VitD 3) O3 4) Curcumin 5) CoQ-10 6) Estrogen blocker/T booster
“You have to supplement diet (real food)”
B12 intel you want: 12:40
Vitamin D 70 to 90 in your blood (test it yourself) 8-10K a day is safe
Curcumin 700 mgs (glucose monitoring if your
Statin drug? 300 mgs Co-Q 10
Estrogen blocker (DIM) (get your levels tested: Dutch test will tell you how you metabolize the hormones)
3) Exercise Daily 20 min 1) HIIT training- aero ramping 2) Weights/strength 3) Walking/play with the family
4) Work the pelvic floor muscles: and orgasm >20x per month
5) Morning Hydrotherapy: Cold shower therapy. End your shower with a quick 15-30 second burst of COLD water.
6) READ: get off the computers and tv’s. Turn off the phones, pads, computers and TV’s . Get back to paper READ anything and everything.. from self help to motivation to fiction/nonfiction, health.. everything read, read, read. Get some blue-blocking glasses. They cut the blue light out from the screens and de-stresses the brain.
7) Schedule your day to be efficient and be sure to include family time!
There you have it: 7 things men need to do to stay health!
IG and twitter @theguyshowlive
Watch for Guy Camp!