How would you like to talk to the skin whisperer? Identify how to care for your skin, reverse sun damage and feel more confident in your own skin. Skincare for the now in your life.
Dr. Keirra Barr is a cutting edge Dermatologist, who is known as an innovative thinker. A dual-board certified dermatologist, Dr. Barr has shared her life-changing ideas in business, educational, health and professional seminars on how to rejuvenate and amplify skin health naturally; reverse sun damage, prevent and manage skin cancer and how to build confidence, self-awareness, self-esteem and resilience.
Dr. Barr shares her expertise as a domain subject matter expert, advisor to numerous start-ups, an editor of leading medical journals and a researcher in ongoing clinical trials. As the Chief Wellness Officer of Resilient Health Institute (RHI), by embracing what is on the surface as well as what’s below it, she is redefining the delivery of skincare.
Questions we discuss in this episode:
- You had a personal reason to be interested in dermatology. Can you share the story of what led you down that path?
- In your book, The Skin Whisperer,you talk about learning to hear the messages your skin is communicating to you. Can you give us an example?
- You believe that it’s important for women in midlife to get comfortable with their naked bodies so they can be vigilant about their skin. Can you explain?
- For you, it’s not just about what goes on your skin, it’s the four pillars of “lifestyle, nutrition, movement, and mindset” that impact your skin as well. Can you talk about each of these and why it’s important to have all four for skincare?
- What are the most important things a woman can do to have healthier skin and better resiliency?
- Women in midlife have unique challenges with skin: wrinkles, sunspots, even acne. How should women be changing up their skincare regimen as they age?
Quotes and Insights you don’t want to miss from this episode:
- Get Naked
- Skin is your biggest cheerleader and your shittiest confidant
- Gifts of maturity (what’s the regifting or return policy on this?)
- Too much exercise accelerates aging of your skin
- 3 Top recommendations for skin care
- Sunscreen, sunscreen and topical retinal (SPF of 30 or higher: broad spectrum)
- Washing in the am or pm? Which is more crucial for optimal skincare?
Get a free copy of The Skin Whispererat: website: www.chooseresilience.com
Connect with Keira about skincare at:
Want more on skincare? Visit this recent episode of Flipping 50 TV