Author: Debra Atkinson
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Total time: 45 mins
The best time for dessert is after a meal, when the impact of a sweet is offset by the protein, fat, and fiber you’ve had in the meal.
Keep extra sugar, in dried fruits, for special occasions.
- 3 pounds red pears, cored, peeled, sliced
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 2 T coconut oil in solid form & ½ teaspoon for greasing pan
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ⅔ cup raw pecan halves
- 4 dates pitted
- 2 T shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Place pears & berries in a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice, coconut flour, salt, cinnamon and allspice and stir to combine.
- Grease a 1-quart baking dish with ½ tsp of coconut oil.
- Place all of the topping ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are chopped and resemble oats.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the baking dish and spread the topping evenly over it.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the juices are bubbling and the crisp is brown and crunchy
Recipe: Joanne Cicrich