Episode #485 How many times have you shrunk, bit your tongue, instead of having the confidence in midlife to speak your mind?
What do you wish you could have said? Stay tuned for this episode
Andrea Owen is an author, global speaker, and professional certified life coach who helps high-achieving women maximize unshakeable confidence, and master resilience.
She is the proud author of two books, which have been translated into 18 languages and available in 22 countries. Her latest book, Make Some Noise: Speak Your Mind and Own Your Strength was published in August 2021.
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or writing books, Andrea is busy riding her Peloton bike, chasing her two school-aged children or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain”.
Questions we answer in this episode:
- What made you decide to write this book and why now? What is the title all about – beyond opposite of keeping quiet?
- At the end of every chapter, you walk readers through what you call “The Unlearning” and there are four steps. What are those 4 steps and why did you put this in each chapter?
- When people have life challenges that crop up, what advice do you give?
- There’s a chapter in the book called, “Stop Ignoring the Brainwashing that is Making You Small”. Let’s dig into that.
- What advice do you give women who are in victimization/stuck blaming others for their challenges?
- You say that pleasure is something women can focus on in order to make more noise in their lives. Can you tell us about that?
Confidence in midlife is so much easier when you unlearn the limiting beliefs that you gained decades ago.
Get the bonuses for the book here: