Stress is a Bitch: Here’s What to Do About Her
During midlife hormonal shifts you are more susceptible to negative effects of stress since you’ve got more sources… sleep disturbances, progesterone tanks, libido drops and intimacy with your best friend could be an issue, caught between anything from kindergarteners to adult children and aging parents.. you’ve got the perfect storm.
It’s definitely an obstacle to optimal energy and fitness. I’ve got expert help here today to help offer some new insights.
We’re going to dive into how and why you can prevent the fat storage that’s oh so much easier when you’re under stress, and the brain fog and aging acceleration we all want to avoid.
Registered Herbalist (AHG) and Holistic Nutritionist, Danielle Ryan Broda has found her calling as an Instructor of Mycology at Colorado School of Clinical Herbalism, and National Educator at Four Sigmatic. Danielle brings her passion and expertise in herbal medicine, clinical practice, teaching, formulation, and her deep love for fungi, to the Everyday Magic™ of Four Sigmatic.
Stress has become so common in our modern Western world and no one knows it better than a Flipping 50 listener, let’s talk about some of the natural ways we can support ourselves.
Questions we covered on this stress-busting episode:
- What are some natural ways to support our bodies in times of stress?
- We’ve discussed adaptogens previously here on Flipping 50 but a good review of what they are and how they help is always good. What’s the deal with “adaptogens”?
- There’s a term tossed around “functional mushrooms” and medicinal mushrooms is another… let’s define those and because this is really your secret power, enlighten us about how we might use these to our advantage.
- Where do functional mushrooms fit into all of this?
5 Four Sigmatic favorites that align with stress and self care:
Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s Mane and Chaga
Adaptogen Coffee with Tulsi and Ashwaghanda
10 Mushroom Blend
Adaptogen Blend + Mushroom Cacao with Reishi
Try Four Sigmatic for yourself(click here)
Use code: Flipping50
Connect on Social Media:
IG @foursigmatic and @danielleryanbroida
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!