Dr. Ellen is a Psychologist, Registered Dietitian, National Board Certified Health and Wellness Coach, Reiki Master and Mindful Self-compassion Teacher. The Midlife Whisperer™, she empowers women to get unstuck and find the confidence, energy and clarity to make their next chapter their best chapter.
An inspirational speaker and expert on women’s wellbeing, Dr. Ellen has appeared on Extra, the Food Network and NBC World News and has been quoted in Psychology Today, Eating Well and USA Today. She’s the author of four books and articles for SELF, Better Homes & Gardens and Good Housekeeping and prior online nutrition expert for Women’s Health, Men’s Health and the Abs Diet. She brings over 25 years of counseling, coaching, and healing experience to her holistic practice and transformational work.
So with 25 years of experience – that suggests to me one other very important qualification for our listeners. That is, you’re in the boat rowing too. How do you think that in addition to the professional knowledge and career experience that little detail matters?
In my words that is the “get me” factor. I think every woman out there can say, “she gets me.”
Questions we cover in this episode:
- Tell us your transformational story (how you overcame eating disorders and exercise addiction)
- What is self-compassion?
- How can self-compassion heal negative body image and help you reach your health and fitness goals?
- How do you practice self-compassion?
- Why is dieting the worst thing to do if you want to lose weight and what do you recommend instead?
- You have something coming up that really speaks deeper into this topic, your Rock Your Midlife summit. Let’s share the details here. When is it and where do listeners go to learn more and register?
- Who is the ideal attendee? What questions would she be asking right now?
- Can you tease without giving away any juicy content, some of the speakers and content you’re excited about sharing?
Learn more about the Rock Your Midlife summit: