This post is about the hunt for the best bone broth. I didn’t even know I was looking and there it was, on my doorstep. Meet Kettle & Fire and the family behind it.
Who doesn’t love a great soup? In this episode of Flipping 50 I introduce you to the founder of my favorite bone broth. I fell in love with the taste of Kettle & Fire before I knew the story behind it.
And now, frankly, I’m hooked.
I don’t order a few at a time I order cases and sip it in the afternoon, and make soups with it. I steam my vegetables in it and I make cauliflower risotto with it.
I do understand the benefits and love them. I am the girl who will do things simply because they’re good for me, but I use Kettle & Fire because I love the taste.
My guest on this episode is Justin Mares is the founder and CEO of Kettle & Fire bone broth a company he founded after his brother suffered a serious knee injury.
I asked Justin to elaborate more about the knee injury and the tie to bone broth.
Justin definitely has a story. It’s bigger than just bone broth.
Kettle & Fire is different. That’s what I wanted to talk about with Justin.
Here are some of the questions we answer:
- What’s different about K & F?
- You’re young! What inspired you to take this career path? No one grows up saying, “I want to make bone broth?”
- Let’s talk ABCs for listeners who aren’t bone broth converts… what are the benefits of bone broth?
- What is collagen and what does it do?
- Specifically, what do amino acids and why were you so interested?
- What do listeners who want health benefits need to know if they’re grabbing a BB off the shelf (and it’s not yours)?
- What else is coming? I know you’re up to some new things now, can you share the details?
- Do you have a favorite K & F?
Things I love about Bone Broth:
- High collagen content to support joint health, skin health, and gut health
- Amino acids (that come from 1. Broth 2. Bone marrow 3. Organ meats)
- Both above boost longevity, immunity
- Amino acids dampen blood sugar impact (which otherwise will accelerate the aging process)
Things I love about Kettle & Fire:
- Shelf-Stable without additives or preservatives (2 years due to heat process)
- Made from only marrow bone, grass-fed (beef) or free-range (chicken)
- Organic vegetables and spices
- The sodium is not added but comes from bones themselves (if bone broth has a higher amount of sodium – without added sodium – you know it’s been cooked long enough)
But don’t take my word for it! Try it yourself. Kettle & Fire generously provided Flipping 50 listeners with 15% off all productsand free shipping (US customers only) for 6 or more cartons (one per customer).
CLICK the LINK Below to order!
Coupon code: DEBRA
- 15% off all products
- free shipping on 6 cartons or more
- (no min. purchase amount, limit of one per customer)
We’re sorry that this is only available for US customer only at this time.
Follow for yummy recipes and news!
Twitter for Justin Mares: @jwmares