For women in menopause, sleep is no joke. We’ve all experienced prom night, pulling an all-nighter in college, or up with a colicky baby. But then you sleep in, the exams are over, and the baby grows up.
And you were not in your 50s. That was your whole life. For women in menopause you’ve got a whole life to run while you’re not sleeping.
My guest in this episode can talk to what so many women in menopause are going through.
You know the staring at the ceiling at 2am, you may know the night sweats, and you know the staying up too late, snoring spouse, getting up too early challenges … did you know there are reasons you may not see feel and hear that short sheet your sleep?
My guest reveals all today.
Episode Sponsor: Flipping 50 Fitness Specialist
Tara A. Clancy, M.A., is a certified Buteyko breathing specialist and THE ESSENTIAL SLEEP STRATEGIST™.
TARA helps people UNcover and REcover from hidden sleep problems. She is passionate about helping clients solve sleep problems because it is the key to transforming lives. TARA knows because she is a former victim of hidden sleep problems herself!
She is the creator of the O2 TARA GUIDES health series, an outgrowth of her work with specialized practitioners in the fields of sleep medicine and airway health. For her forthcoming book entitled “Is Your Sleep Making You Tired?™,” she interviewed many of the world’s leading physicians and practitioners.
Questions we answer in this episode:
- When you say, “hidden sleep problems,” what do you mean by that? Our listeners are well aware if they’re suffering from hot flashes or night sweats that that’s a problem. So, we’re not talking about those. Are you talking about sleep apnea? Let’s flesh that out.
- A listener might be thinking, with everything going on in the world right now, why would she want to go looking for hidden sleep problems? Why should she make that a priority?
- How would a listener find out if she had a hidden sleep problem…where would she start?
- If a listener does have a hidden sleep problem, can her doctor help her?
- Are there things listeners can do right now that can help?
Show notes: flippingfifty.com/hidden-sleep-problems