Would you define yours as a healthy lifestyle? It’s one of those things that can be elusive. That is, the finish line keeps moving away from you like your own handheld out in front of you would.
Before we open I invite you to come up with an answer to this… You’ve been tasked with creating the Wikipedia definition of “healthy lifestyle.” What do you write?
I’m thinking you better push pause. Because while it sounds so simplistic to say it like everybody knows, I’m going to challenge and say perhaps no one actually knows! Prove me wrong. But this is why I’m giving the homework… I don’t want to do it myself! Can’t wait to read what you add to show notes (will you please? The link for this one will be /healthy-lifestyle)
With my guest today we’re going to attempt to define a healthy lifestyle. We’ll discuss how you discover yours, measure whether it’s working for you, and where to look to define it for yourself.
Denise Stegall is the CEO and curator of Living Healthy List.com. She is also co-author of the best-selling book, The Successful Body.
As an inspirational thought leader, she is determined to provide her Living Healthy List readers with honest, reliable, research-backed information on health, wellness, personal development, and fun that you can use in real life.
Denise began her career with a bachelor’s degree in hotel, restaurant, and business management, focusing on nutrition.
She’s condensed 25 years of experience and study in nutrition, cooking, exercise, and coaching to help women find a happy, healthy lifestyle that works for them.
Her experience in cooking and nutrition delivers a unique perspective on what works (and doesn’t work) for most people. Her philosophy revolves around the foundation: Eat Real Food, Make Good Decisions, and Be Accountable.
Questions we answer on this podcast:
- [03:10] What mistakes do you think women make with nutrition? You’re an advocate for eating “real food.” Let’s talk about the unintentional mistakes women might be making with their diets.
- [08:20] How do you define “good decisions”? While there are a lot of women who want to, they are confused by what is a good decision, what’s your way of defining that uniquely for a listener right now?
- [10:15] If the problem we’re trying to solve for is a “healthy lifestyle,” how does anyone woman get there for herself and her unique needs?
- [13:06] Let’s talk about exercise just a bit because I know you’ve done STRONGER, how did it go? How does that fit into your recommendations for women in midlife?
- [17:10] What do you mean by “be accountable?” How would you describe the steps to getting started?
- [19:33] How did you come up with the title for your new book?
- [21:33] How did you come up with the idea for Living Healthy List and why is it important?
- [22:00] What is your mission at Living Healthy List?
Connect with Denise to get her new book:
Denise’s new book: Healthy Living, Happy Life: A Practical Plan to Finding the Healthy Lifestyle that Works for YOU, will be out in late April. There will be a free companion journal.
Join the waitlist for the book and receive a pdf of the companion journal.
During the episode, Denise mentioned the STRONGER program was open. It may be closed by the time you listen. Please click here to join the notifications list for the next open list. [https://www.flippingfifty.com/getstronger]
5 Day Flip: https://www.flippingfifty.com/5dayflip
Annmarie Skincare: https://www.flippingfifty.com/bogoskin