Episode #475 A healthy home has never been more important than during the pandemic. As you’ve spent more time in it, have you considered how it’s affecting your wellness?
Jamie Gold is a Mayo Clinic Certified Wellness Coach, wellness design consultant and the author of three books. The latest, published by Simon & Schuster, is Wellness by Design, the first comprehensive consumer guide to the links between your home and your health.
Jamie is passionate about this topic, having transformed herself from a 233-pound couch potato to training for a December 2021 Kilimanjaro summit.
She discovered along the way how having her townhouse optimized for fitness and recovery has made a huge difference in completing two marathons, a Spartan trifecta and summiting the highest peak in the Lower 48.
What is the value of your healthy home in contributing to your wellness? Let’s dive into this episode.
Questions we answer in this podcast:
- You lost about 100 pounds and went from a couch potato to training for a Kilimanjaro summit at 60. Please share a bit about your journey.
- What can you share with other women in your life asked for advice or inspiration?? What was it that flipped the switch for you?
- In your latest book, WELLNESS BY DESIGN, you wrote that your home has played an important supporting role in your wellness journey. Could you give some insights on that? There couldn’t have been a more relative topic in 2020!
- How has the pandemic impacted your health, home and outlook?
- How should listeners look at their homes now that they’ve spent so much more time in them?
Connect with Jamie:
She’s on Social:
Wellness by Design (2020 Book): https://amzn.to/3aqeNgM.