Healthy eating often brings to mind scarcity and deprivation. It feels like a diet even if you don’t use those words.
How would you like to lose weight eating Mexican food? If it sounds too good to be true and you’ve struggled with good food bad food or need to make peace with food, this is your episode.
“I discovered food can be my #1 tool if I can learn to use it right.”
My guest Maru Dávila is a celebrity weight loss coach, healthy chef and best-selling author of “The Mexican Food Diet™: Healthy Eating that Feels Like Cheating.” She is also the creator of the revolutionary Flaca Forever™ Program (“Flaca” is a Spanish word for “fit” or “lean”), a fun and straightforward program that helps people get in the best shape of their life: physically, mentally and emotionally.
“I treasure and value my health and wellness.”
She is a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, and a frequent writer, speaker and TV guest on weight loss, empowerment, healthy eating and wellness topics.
“I don’t like to be hungry at all.”
Questions Maru and I covered in this episode:
- You struggled with your weight (up to 60 lbs. at one point) and various health issues for almost 30 years, what were the main reasons behind your weight and health struggles?
- In your mid-forties, you touched bottom in all areas of your life, how did you get back in control?
- How did you come up with the idea of The Mexican Food Diet?
- Most people think about Mexican food as unhealthy and fattening, why does it have this reputation?
- How did you discover you could actually lose weight and get healthier by eating Mexican food?
- You are very passionate about detoxification as a key to staying healthy and fit, why and how did you discover it?
- You have programs to help people get healthier and lose weight, what are the guiding principles behind healthy eating?
- You travel a lot, how do you stay healthy and fit while traveling?
“Every bite I eat counts.”
Maru discovered Mexican food was packed with many ingredients that lend themselves to detox. Healthy eating has never been more delicious.
Two things you need during detox:
- nutrients to support liver cleanse
- nutrients to protect the liver as the free radicals are released
Visit: www.MexicanFoodWeightLoss.com for 11 of Maru’s favorite healthy eating recipes from her bestselling book.
Connect with Maru:
Maru’s Healthy Eating Travel tips:
Using 3oz. containers: divide your smoothie/shake, protein powder or almond milk, cooked or raw veggies, nuts & seeds, nut butter.
Please leave a rating in iTunes if this episode has been helpful for you! It really helps change the way we think about aging. To share your review:
- Click to iTunes link.
- Click “View in iTunes” button
- Click on “Ratings and Reviews”
- From there click the number of stars and leave your rating
- Thank you in advance!