What’s Happiness Got to Do with Bone Density and how you can reduce Osteoporosis risk? In this episode my guest and ambassador to the National Osteoporosis Foundation links the connection for us. So tune in for the unexpected way to reduce osteoporosis risk.
Margie Bissinger is a physical therapist and integrative health coach. She is the author of Osteoporosis: An Exercise Guide. Margie is the creator of Move Today, a statewide exercise program in NJ, Happy Me, Happy Life, and Happy Bones, Happy Life™ online programs. Margie helps people achieve optimal bone and overall health through whole foods, exercise, mind-body relaxation techniques, and happiness training. She is a member of the NJ Interagency Council on Osteoporosis and an Ambassador to the National Osteoporosis Foundation. Margie has implemented happiness training in her professional career for over 30 years.
Obviously, Margie’s unique approach to reducing Osteoporosis risk through happiness is very unique. As a lecturer on osteoporosis and bone health since 1995 I’m embarrassed to say even I haven’t come across it.
Questions we answered in this episode:
- You are a physical therapist and health coach. How did you get into teaching happiness?
- What is the Happiness Set Point? Can we actually increase our happiness set point?
- How does increasing our happiness affect our bones, osteoporosis risk, and overall heath?
- In your happiness class, you talk about 7 pillars that are important for happiness – what are they?
- What practices have you found to be the most effective in helping people increase their happiness?
Connect with Margie:
For additional resources on Osteoporosis risk look for the STRONGER I strength training program. Enrollment opens 4 times a year and you can join the notifications list if you’d like to be notified the next time I open.
Meanwhile start something! Try a safe at-home exercise program starting with the 5 Day Flip.
Was this helpful?
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!