Episode #467 We’re talking “clean-eating” and “southern cuisine” today. Does it seem like these two phrases shouldn’t be spoken together? Think again!
At Flipping50 we’re all about variety, flavor and ditching deprivation. If you’re busy looking for what you can have it’s so easy and do delicious to feel good you’re not missing a thing.
If what you eat has needed a shift in menopause – or sooner – you’re going to love this.
Amanda Gipson Nowosadzki is the author of the Clean Southern Cuisine cookbook and founder of the Clean Southern Cuisine blog. She delights in helping others to improve their health through scrumptious Southern recipes that are healthier and free of gluten.
Amanda hails from “Cajun Country” in South Louisiana. Much of her childhood was spent learning to cook traditional family recipes. That, coupled with later working in the catering industry in New Orleans, ignited her love affair with food, especially Southern cuisine. When work took her out of the South, she constantly craved the flavors and food from home.
Later it became necessary for her to make dietary changes to combat ongoing health issues… so she combined her love for Cajun, Creole, and Southern food with her desire for more nutrient-dense and gluten-free fare. Clean Southern Cuisine was born.
1. To provide variety to those who already practice a clean eating lifestyle.
2. To help others to open their eyes to what they are putting in their bodies and how it makes them feel… Yes, even those who have what she calls a healthy dose of skepticism against healthy Southern food.
Love the idea of clean eating that is anything but boring? Then let’s dive into this episode (and a bowl of gumbo, please)!
Questions we dive into:
- What inspired you to write the book/start eating this way?
- Have you found relief eating this way?
- Southern food and health food don’t naturally go together… explain yourself, girlfriend! How hard was that?
- Have you found criticism from tried and true Southerners.. and or healthy clean eaters alike?
- You haven’t gone 100% Paleo, Keto, or AIP in the book – why not?
- What does cooking and food prep mean to you in terms of importance to health?
Connect with Amanda:
Questions on how to follow clean eating? Or wonder how to exchange ingredients in recipes you love and make them clean eating with flavor? Add to comments and we’ll find out for you!
Not in a program or program you’re in not working? Take a 5-day reset: