- 1 handful greens (spinach or romaine: rotate!)
- vanilla Plant or Paleo Power protein
- 1/4 cup cucumber
- 1 small green apple (Granny Smith)
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1-2 tsp Fiber Boost
- 1 T juice from fresh squeezed lime
- 2-3 ice cubes or frozen mango, optional
- pure filtered water
- raw coconut flakes
- pumpkin seeds
Add the greens, cucumber, protein and fiber, apple and kiwi to the blender. Add lime juice and enough pure water to blend (it won’t take a lot since all the ingredients have high water content). Stop and add frozen mango if you prefer it cold. Hydrating, alkalizing, liver-loving smoothie to start the day. Great for skin too! If you’re sensitive to sugars, leave out the mango and opt for the ice cubes. The healthy fat in coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds are better options than adding oil. Eat your fat from the food rather than the processed oil whenever you can.
Flip: as you get used to “green” drinks, add a stalk of celery to this green apple smoothie.