If you suffer from chronic fatigue, thyroid issues, and specifically Hashimoto’s then this is your episode. My guest is an expert, she’s helped herself and as a chiropractor and strength expert she supports may women looking to beat fatigue with exercise.
Yet, your exercise could actually be causing or contributing to your problem. To beat fatigue not buy more of it, Dr. Emily Kiberd shares the what and why of an exercise solution. Much of what she shares comes from her program Thyroid Strong.
My Beat Fatigue Expert Guest
Dr. Kiberd is Founder of Urban Wellness Clinic in Manahttan, New York and Creator of Thyroid Strong and Dr Emily Kiberd has seen thousands of women over the last 12 years in practice. She helps women with Hashimoto’s beat fatigue with simple sustainable exercises to help heal their joints and thyroid. With her program Thyroid Strong, women get back to what they love, FASTER.
Questions We Cover in this episode:
- You’re not just an chiropractor and strength expert, you specialize in helping Hashimoto patients. Can you tell us about your own story with thyroid issues and how you got interested in helping thyroid patients get and stay strong?
- What are some of the special considerations for thyroid and autoimmune thyroid patients when it comes to exercise?
- Can we talk about some of the common (but not commonly discussed) symptoms like hypermobility and challenges with maintaining muscle mass? Why are these more of an issue for those with thyroid disease?
- How can we determine if what we’re dealing with is in fact hypermobility? I saw a post on your Instagram recently about the Beighton Hypermobility Score.
- Can you give us an example of what kind of exercise program you might recommend for a thyroid patient?
- Is it usually the case that less is more for thyroid patients?
- What are some of the common mistakes thyroid patients make when it comes to exercise?
- Any case studies that have stood out for you in terms of your thyroid clientele?
- What are your 3 primary takeaways for our thyroid community in regards to proper exercise?
For Dr. Kiberd’s free gift,
“3 things NOT TO DO in your workout if you have Hashimoto’s and WHAT TO DO instead!”
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps! Here’s How:
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!
Did you miss it? LAST CHANCE to enroll before membership access closes until January (and rates increase) The Flipping 50 Membership is your virtual gym just waiting. (Ideal candidates have completed a Flipping 50 Premium Program or private coaching).
We’re launching Cafe 2.0 … at 1.0 rates.. and it’s all over today so don’t miss it!