If you doubt your personal power to change your health and your life – whether you HAVE an autoimmune condition or you want to prevent autoimmune conditions – this episode is for you. Multiple Sclerosis is not an unfamiliar topic here and my friend Dr Terry Wahls has been a guest and is scheduled to return too – to talk about her research updates. (link to prior episode show notes below)
Autoimmune Prevention and Reversal
My guest today has more on the topic. But don’t tune out if you don’t have MS or an autoimmune disease. You can prevent autoimmune for yourself and you know someone who has one.
Palmer Kippola is an author, speaker, and Functional Medicine Certified Health Coach (FMCHC) who specializes in helping people reverse and prevent autoimmune conditions. She developed a framework called F.I.G.H.T.S.™ to help others beat autoimmune conditions based on her 26-year battle to overcome MS (multiple sclerosis).
Her new Amazon bestselling book — just released spring of 2019– is “Beat Autoimmune: The 6 Keys to Reverse Your Condition and Reclaim Your Health” with a foreword by Mark Hyman, MD. In it she shares the science, stories and strategies to help people heal and thrive.
Palmer founded Transcend Autoimmune, a growing Facebook community of people proactively seeking to reverse or prevent autoimmune conditions naturally.
Questions we cover in this episode:
- You were diagnosed with MS at 19 and you dealt with awful on-again-off-again symptoms for more than 2 decades. Take us back to that first day, and tell us about a gift you received while you were lying on the couch that summer.
- You tried a number of experiments over the years. Walk us through some of your big experiments that led up to becoming MS-free in 2010.
- You found exciting science that caused you to go from someone who beat MS to someone who wrote a book about beating autoimmune conditions. Give us a snapshot of the empowering science.
- You offer F.I.G.H.T.S.™ (for food, infections, gut health, hormone balance, toxins and stress) as a comprehensive or holistic framework for healing. Can you walk us through one or more category and maybe offer a simple solution or 2 for them?
- Do you have final thoughts on how to prevent autoimmune or a broader message you’d like to share?
A gift for Flipping listeners:
People often ask how to adjust exercise if they have an autoimmune condition. It’s time to also ask what to eat to prevent autoimmune or beat an autoimmune condition. Palmer created a guide to help you figure it out. Download your free Optimal Food Guide @ PalmerKippola.com/gift
Flipping 50 podcast with Dr Terry Wahls(watch in 2020 for her NEW book)
The 28-Day Kickstart is open!Enrollment closes October 30thfor November’s program This is offered only a few times a year and THIS is the last of it’s type before we do the 2.0 version. So if nutrition for fitness during hormone change is a big question mark for you, get in now before this goes away! Special holiday program in November!
Please leave a rating in iTunes! It really helps!
- Visit Flipping 50 on iTunes
- Click listen in iTunes
- Click ratings and reviews
- Leave your 5 star rating (seriously I’d love it, but your authentic comments are what I need to grow and give you more of what you want and less of what you can leave!)
- Know how much I appreciate you doing this!