(Without the gluten and sugar you don’t)
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 diced green onions (can sub for 1/2 red onion finely diced)
- 1/2 large green cabbage, thinly sliced, or one whole green cabbage if it’s small
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded or matchstick carrots
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 can Mandarin oranges (sugar/syrup-free)
- 1/2 cup chopped and loosely packed cilantro(fresh is best)
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
Combine all the ingredients for the dressing.
In a plastic baggie, add about 3-4 tablespoons of dressing with the chicken
Allow to marinate for at least a half hour
Add chicken with the dressing into a large skillet and cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly or grill
Allow to cool to room temperature before chopping and adding to the salad
Combine all other salad ingredients besides dressing and chicken in a large bowl
When chicken is cool, add to the salad
Stir in dressing well and enjoy!
Flip: buy a roasted chicken and shredded cabbage and carrots and toss this together SO much faster. You’ll miss a little of the flavor that comes from marinating but it’s quick!
Flip: Wrap it up in a brown rice tortilla or coconut wrap so you’re including some carbs.