Episode #463 Have you experienced a menopause weight gain? You’re not alone of course. In this episode coach Karen shares her story.
Karen is currently our community manager in our Facebook groups. She’s fantastic and this is why. She’s been there not only navigating our programs but coming with a problem to solve and in need of resources both inside and outside Flipping 50.
Karen Wathen is a retired educator including elementary and junior high school administrator, and Director of Curriculum and Instruction in a district serving over 75,000 students.
Questions we Answered in the Episode:
- Like many women in menopause, you were having some health issues that you couldn’t seem to find answers to. Take us back a couple of years. What were you experiencing?
- Did you continue intermittent fasting?
- What impact did your habits have on your insulin resistance?
- Where did you go from there?
- You consulted with three doctors about your insulin resistance, but none of the answers seemed to work for you. Then what?
- How did you know/realize you had an insulin resistance issue? And or inflammation?
- Did you figure out what foods were causing inflammation?
- What was your exercise pre-Flipping 50?
- How has it changed since finding Flipping 50?
If a menopause weight gain is something you’re struggling with or that you’ve overcome, I’d love to hear about it.
Where Can you Find Karen?
When she’s not walking on the beach… of course, not rubbing it in! She’s inside all of our Flipping 50 private groups and one that you can access as a podcast listener, Flipping50TV episode viewer, or YouTube channel subscriber. That’s the Flipping50 Insiders group on social media.
That is a perfect place to ask questions or respond to them that get picked for Q and A episodes right here, or that inspire guests for the show. If you’ve got a question about your exercise, where to find specific resources on Flipping50, it’s a community of women just like you.
My TEDx talk: Everything Women Learned About Menopause May Be a Lie